LED CV Patch Cables
- Fast worldwide shipping from Melbourne. Free shipping to Australia and New Zealand for orders over $AUD80. Free worldwide shipping for orders over $AUD125
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Bring more blinks to your bloops and light-up your patches with our LED CV Patch cables!
Our light up LED CV Patch cables to help visualise patches as they light and change colour based on voltages, gates, and sounds. These bi-color LED patch cables help you visualise your patches and create a light show for your modular synth sets!
A positive voltage such as a gate, trigger, or a square wave LFO will cause both ends of the cable to glow Green. A negative voltage such as an inverted envelope will cause both ends to glow Red. And a bi-polar signal such as an LFO or audio signal will transition between both colours. These cables help you visualise and diagnose how modules and patches are interacting. It’s almost like having a very basic oscilloscope for every cable. But also, the effect looks amazing, especially with rhythmic or modulation heavy sounds.
Unlike some other designs, our wiring scheme ensures that the same colour is present at both ends of the cable. There is a very minor voltage drop as the LEDs consume a small amount of energy from the signal. Something to consider when using the cables for pitch-sensitive CVs, but for gates, triggers, and modulation signals they are ideal.
The cables are made of TPE, the same great flexible almost silicone-like material we use in our popular Super-Slim Eurorack Patch Cables which makes them very versatile and useful in dense patches. They are also translucent which makes the whole cable glow, especially under dim lighting on stage. The side of the connectors is embossed with Synth Cable Supply Co branding.
The cables come coiled, not folded, to reduce kinks and the length measurement excludes the end connectors so that you can maximise the usable length of your patches. And, each cable is hand-tested in Melbourne to ensure you can get straight to patching. We also ship worldwide. Find out more about our replacement policy and patch guarantee.
LED CV Patch Cable Details
- Cables per pack: 1
- Lengths: 15cm, 30cm, 45cm, 60cm, 90cm, 120cm
- LED Colours: Bi-colour Green/Red. Green wired for positive voltages, red for negative voltages at both ends
- Cable material: TPE
- Wire : 26awg
- Cable colour: Translucent
- Cable diameter: 4mm
- Connector: Nickel-plated 3.5mm TS mono male plug
- Shielding: Spiral shielding to reduce RF noise and cross-talk from digital modules
- Can I claim my gig is a sound and light show now? Yes